Using this form, you can provide all the necessary information about items which are purchased or produced by your organizations, stocked at warehouses, sold to customers, issued or received for processing or consignment sales.
The following fields are required: Description, Category, Unit of Measure, and Item Type.
The Item (create) form. The Main Parameters tab
First of all, you need to select the type of the item from the following options:
- Inventory Item: If the item belongs to goods or materials stocked in warehouses.
- Service: If the item is a service.
- Set: If the item is a set of multiple items and is not stocked in warehouses.
- Operation: If the item is an operation or action required for performing works, providing services, manufacturing products.
- Work: If the item is an operation required in subcontract processing.
- Job Type: if this is a standard type of subcontract work with a fixed amount.
For specific item types, specific fields will become available.
In the Folder field, you can specify a folder to keep the item's master record with similar records. You can select an existing folder or create a new one. If the necessary folder has not been added yet, you can click Create Group on the toolbar to create a new group or click the Add button in the drop-down list.
Provide a brief description of the item in the Description field and more complete description in the Full Description field. The brief description will be displayed on the system interface and in drop-down lists for item selection. Full description will be used in documents on printing.
Additionally in the SKU field, specify the item' stock-keeping unit (SKU) , a scannable barcode. Then, you will be able to search the necessary item by its SKU.
<Auto> in the Code field indicates that an ID for this item is assigned automatically when you save the master record.
To categorize the goods by categories, create and select categories for the them. In the Category field, select the appropriate category for the item. Only one category, Main, is predefined. The items belong to this group by default. You can edit the Main category or create other categories.
Using the Manufacturer field, specify the manufacturer of the goods. This information will be used for collecting the data by manufacturer in reports.
In the HS Code field, select the appropriate code for the item.
In the Country of Origin field, you can select the country from the World's countries list that includes all currently existing countries. This information about items can be used in analysis.
You can use the Price Group field to assign a price group to the item. You can provide discounts and price markups for the group of goods instead of assigning them to each.
In the Unit of Measure field select the UOM to measure the quantity of the item. You can select it from the UOM master data. The selected unit of measure will be used by default when selecting this item in documents.
Optionally, in the Package Set field, you can select the package that can hold this item for shipping or delivery. For each package box, you can specify its dimensions and the weight it can hold.
In the Net Weight field, specify the net weight of the item (without any packaging materials).
If the item is generally subject to processing, in the Processing Time (days) field, enter the number of days required for processing the customer order for this item.
For the Inventory Item and Set item types, you can add an image by attaching a file with the image.
The toolbar buttons
Click the Save button to save the new item or the Save and close button to save the item and close the form.
Click the Items GL Accounts button to view the default GL accounts assigned to the item. If needed, you can replace some of all of the accounts. For details, refer to Adding an Item. Default GL Accounts.
The available links
The following links are available on the form:
- Prices: Opens the list of items with all available prices. You can add new prices for the item.
- Availability Analysis: Opens the Availability Analysis report for this item.
- Sales: Opens the Sales by Company report for this item.
- Stock Statement: Opens the Stock Statement report for this item.
- UOMs : Opens the list of UOMs that are used for this item.
- Characteristics: Opens the list of item variations: color, size, fabric, and so forth. You can add new characteristics for the item.
- Batches: Opens the list of batches that includes the item.
- Specifications: Opens the list of specifications available for the item.
- Item Barcodes: Opens the list of barcodes available for the item.
- Supplier Prices: Opens the list of prices available from suppliers.
- Inventory Management: Opens the list of items with availability quantities.
- Items GL Accounts: Opens the list of default GL accounts.
- Accounting Parameters of Materials in Production: Opens the list of parameters of the Materials in Production
- Serial Numbers: Opens the list of items with their serial numbers
- Analogs: Opens the list of item analogs with the quantities