Using this form, you can provide all the necessary information about a company you deal with. The same form is used for customers as well as for suppliers.
The "Company (create)" form. The Main Parameters tab
In the Description field, enter a brief name of the company; it will appear in drop-down lists for selection.
It is recommended to fill in the Full Description as it will be automatically included in the documents when printed or emailed. Otherwise, the field will be populated form the Description field.
If the company is considered as a member of certain group, in the Folder field select this group. If the necessary folder has not been added yet, you can create it on the fly by clicking thebutton in the drop-down list.
You can select the type of a company: Legal or Individual. By default, the Legal option is selected. If the company is an individual, you can additionally select the person from the Individuals list.
Because FirstBIT ERP supports contracts, the application automatically creates a contract in the accounting currency for each new company and populates the Contract field. You can edit this default contract which will appear by default in each associated with the company document. Also, you can create any number of contracts in available currencies. For details, see Adding a Company. Contracts.
In the Contact Person field, you can specify the company's default contact person from the Contact Persons master records.
In the Bank Account field, you can specify the default bank account of the company which will be used in all the documents for this company. However, if needed, you will be able to replace the default bank account with any other bank account of the company. For a new company, you can create a bank account on the fly by clickingin the drop-down list.
You can enter company addresses in the Legal Address and Delivery Address fields by selecting them from the Company addresses master records, or you can create them on the fly by using the Address (create) form. For details, refer to Adding an Address.
In the Responsible field, you can select the employee who works with this company.
The toolbar buttons
Click the Save button to save the new company or the Save and close button to save the company and close the form.
Click the Edit GL Accounts button to view and edit the list of default GL accounts assigned to the company, its group. or all companies.
Click the Generate button on the toolbar to generate documents related to the company of the following types: Quotation, Customer Order, Invoice, Purchase Order, Invoice Received, Work Order, or Credit Limits.
You can use the following links available on the form to provide more information about the company:
- Sales: Generates and opens the Sales by Item report for the company.
- Statement of Mutual Settlements: Generates and opens the Statement of Mutual Settlements report for the company.
- Companies Documents: Opens the list of all documents related to the company.
- Company's Contracts: Opens the list of company's contracts. You can add to this list any number of company contracts in different currencies and select the default contract.
- Contact Persons: Opens the list of company's contacts. You can add to this list any number of company contacts and select the default contact person.
- Bank Accounts: Opens the list of company's bank accounts. You can add new bank accounts to this list and select the default bank account.
- Supplier Price Types: Opens the (filtered by company) list of supplier price types. You can add new price types for the company and select one of them as the default type.
- Addresses: Opens the list of the company's addresses. You can add new addresses of the company and select one of them as the default address.
- Companies GL Accounts: Opens the list of the company's default GL accounts. The list is empty if no specific accounts were selected for the company.
- Credit Limits: Generates and opens the Credit Limits report with the data filtered for the company.